• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GT 660 for $50?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

I know of a guy from a group on FB who has a gt 660 for sale for $50, (plus $15) for shipping & handling. Would be a huge step from the 9500 gt I currently have for a friends build. Seen pics and all looks well. He said he would accept paypal so in the case it was a ripoff I could get my $$$ back.
You guys think it's worth it or should I just wait till my friend can afford the 960?

Mandrake4565

Mr. Clean Senior Member
Seems like a solid price for the Gtx 660 and yes a really big performance increase. That said modern games are using more and more Vram and he may be limited by the 2g on the Gtx 660 in the future. Can't really tell you if waiting or not to save for the 960 that's your call. One could always buy the 660 now and sell it when you have the funds for the 960.

flynismo

If you're gaming at 1080p or lower, then hell yes! I had that card for three years, and only the move to a triple monitor setup forced me to upgrade. Even then, most of my games were playable on medium settings. Again...if you're on a single monitor 1080p, for $50, I would already have my check in the mail

JrClocker

AKA: JrMiyagi
I ran a GTX 660 for many years. I was able to play most games at medium or higher settings at 1080p.

It does run hot though.