• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTA IV - FIXING PROJECT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GxStorm

Hello!

The title.... Fixing GTA IV... What? Why Rockstar?

Yes, Rockstar made a PC port of GTA IV leaving US, users, stranded with a poorly optimized game, with bad performance issues, stability, and a hard work for modders around the web!

We can't mod the game cars at our own will, without getting TONS of taxis around town! ...Mod the graphics without worrying about FPS drops and clips on high end systems?!

Nevertheless, GTA IV has one of the greatest modding comunities around the web....

SO! I come to you, GTA FORUM users, to gather modders around the web, programmers to try and fix this game ONCE AND FOR ALL!

Someone that know about coding, that can dig around with GTA IV files....
Someone that can work on the graphics...
Someone that could find a way to the taxi bug fix...

There are tons of fixes out there, graphic fixes, taxi bug fixes.... but then, we have missing textures, texture flickering, and other issues

Conclusion, we create other problems trying to fix the first ones... It's frustrating!

This is not a mod, it's a REBUILD! and it's ABOUT TIME!

Who's with me? :)

GTA IV is dead on the pc platform.Honestly, I hope you can fix the game, but why bother. Xbox and the PS3 is the way to go on this game.Why all the frustration ? I love the GTA series, but until you have a idea for Red Dead Redemption, good luck on any cult following.

Last edited:
I don't want to be that guy but you've posted this thread several times with your "project reality" mod. It's a cool concept but like Wipeout said, it's dead. Let it go friend.

I couldn't get into GTA4, even tho I loved 3, VC and SA

GTA5 better be on PC and work well, and support CF

Personally, I play each GTA up until the new one comes out. So very soon I will shutter the GTA4 doors. I've been pretty open to trying people's graphics mods, but an entire redesign of GTA4.. I think you're going to left wanting help here. There are some dedicated folks on GTA sites who might yield a better crew, and give your recruitment more visibility. :/ Good luck!

Back