• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTA IV Installation Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WayOut

I just downloaded GTA 4 yesterday (legally cuz I wanted to play online) from Direct2Drive (yes, i know I'm an idiot, but it was $25 instead of $50 like it is on Steam). Anyway, it downloaded, and after a bit of fiddling, I started Autorun in XP SP3 mode. After fully downloading, it asks for a disc change, one I cannot achieve, as I do not have a disc. Could anyone provide some insight on what to do? There are some zipped files that could still be opened inside, labeled data1 through data5, however on my last install I could not open these. I've searched the web for answers, to no avail, and D2D customer support isn't terribly fast at answering anything. Does anyone have a legal solution to this that wouldn't void my online abilities or Live account (i.e. not a crack)? Thanks.

have you tried extracting them to become ISO files?
if so it should end up with Disc1 and Disc2 like you said :thup:

and a crack won't help you install, it's use only applies after you've intsalled the game.

Like rich said. There should be 2 ISO's. Disk 1 and Disk 2. Burn both to DVD's and run it from there. If you can't get the disk ISO's then sounds like you need to get a refund =/

Like rich said. There should be 2 ISO's. Disk 1 and Disk 2. Burn both to DVD's and run it from there. If you can't get the disk ISO's then sounds like you need to get a refund =/
yeap, or you could get a ISO reader that mounts the image on a 'fake' drive, such as PowerISO or Daemon Tools.

:thup:

+1 I don't know why theres five data files but I have no idea how D2D works. If you have to return it send me a pm, I've got a retail PC copy.

D2D is like Gamespy's Steam. I only bought it off that and not steam, because it was 50% cheaper.

Anyway, I re-downloaded the files, and it installed and plays fine. Huh.

Well, thanks anyway. If anyone else has GTA and wants to play online sometime, my gamertag's Way 0ut Imports.

Back