• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gtx 1060 for $80...???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

87dtna

Wondering if this is too good to be true. Seller won't let you buy more than 1 so I pulled the trigger on one and thought I'd share. Seems like a killer deal, probably a scam but on the insane off chance it's not-

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ASUS-Dual-...965031&hash=item33df35319a:g:6NMAAOSwvGlaU7nq

Doesn't have any feedback as a seller, but the account is 16 years old and has 100% feedback of 149. For $80 it's worth the shot, last time I was scammed on ebay I did get my money back so I'll give it another shot.

Last edited:
lol ok then, must have been a scam

- - - Updated - - -

Went into my paypal and I was able to cancel the payment because it was unclaimed still. Looks like I may have dodged a bullet. Should have known, the old saying....if it seems to good to be true. Oh well.

I got an email saying that the sellers account may have been compromised. I'm just glad I was able to cancel the payment rather than last time I got scammed it took like 3 weeks to get it back waiting for the allowed time to pass before filing a claim etc etc.

I "ordered" a breadmaker one time.
It was quite inexpensive and seller was new, also said US seller. Funny, when I ordered it, payment went to China or Hong Kong somewhere, don't remember. Got a tingle "down there" when I saw the info. Long story short, I never got the breadmaker.

Reason I decided to pull trigger is, I thought seller was new and wanted to get it going quickly to become established. Also, I had 2 safety blankets, PayPal and credit card.

Ah these killer deals.. :rofl:

I got an email saying that the sellers account may have been compromised. I'm just glad I was able to cancel the payment rather than last time I got scammed it took like 3 weeks to get it back waiting for the allowed time to pass before filing a claim etc etc.

That's what I think happened, the fact an old account was suddenly listing a popular product at a steeply discounted price was the giveaway.

I've taken shots at eBay stuff like that before. Unfortunately nothing has ever came. At least PayPal/eBay are fast on the refunds.

Not exactly, I did get lucky recently. Bought a gigabyte gtx 1070 Ti that had ''no display'' for $400 buy it now a few weeks ago. Sent it in for RMA, got it back and running it right now while typing this post.

ePray. Haven't graced them with my presence in years, and this thread just confirms my good judgment (in this area, anyway).

I think this thread/topic is clearly a common sense issue, not an eBay issue.

That's what I think happened, the fact an old account was suddenly listing a popular product at a steeply discounted price was the giveaway.

If this didn't raise flags, then the person would need to learn to exercise more common sense.

I think this thread/topic is clearly a common sense issue, not an eBay issue.

If this didn't raise flags, then the person would need to learn to exercise more common sense.

I've had insanely good deals come up on ebay in the past. Sure most are scams, but sometimes you get super lucky. I honestly didn't look at their profile, just saw an account with 100% feedback. When there is something thats a crazy good deal with a buy it now, you usually don't have the time to investigate you have to just buy before someone else does.

As opposed to half price for nothing? I'm going with Pinky on this. LOL

First of all, it was 1/3 the price. Second of all, I got my money back. So this one example here and you think they are all like that? I've bought and resold literally hundreds of items. I have bought cards before for 1/4 of the normal resale price on ebay. Sometimes on rare occasion, there's dead times on ebay that stuff goes for cheap. But lots of times, as stated, it's a buy it now situation that you have to jump on fast before someone else does.

Last edited:
Absolutely. When you buy used on a forum, even someone with excellent feedback, there's some risk even if it's slight. But once again, it's a direct relation to risk vs reward. Typically the reputable sellers want a better price. Someone with low/no feedback may list parts cheaper to get stuff to sell and build up their reputation. But with that, the risk increases on the buyer. On ebay, you never know what you're going to get. Higher risk yet, but sometimes you can get stuff dirt cheap and the reward is good.

Absolutely. When you buy used on a forum, even someone with excellent feedback, there's some risk even if it's slight. But once again, it's a direct relation to risk vs reward. Typically the reputable sellers want a better price. Someone with low/no feedback may list parts cheaper to get stuff to sell and build up their reputation. But with that, the risk increases on the buyer. On ebay, you never know what you're going to get. Higher risk yet, but sometimes you can get stuff dirt cheap and the reward is good.

Are we talking about new or used goods? We started talking about a (supposedly) new video card being sold on eBay, now you've moved the goal post to used goods.

Back