• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 1080 Ti from Zodac or EVGA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hussain

Registered
Any idea if GTX 1080 Ti will be boosted by Zodac or EVGA as i don't like out of the box Cooling system?

Any ideas guys?

ATMINSIDE

Sim Racing Aficionado Co-Owner
There will be a full lineup from every OEM, same as every flagship GPU.

motherboard1

Be a waste not to save a buck. & Pay a Premium for a decent cooling system every time I upgrade.

Looks simple enough to remove it and the heat sink is pretty large.

Can anyone tell me if the screw holes abide by any sort of standard placement like they do with motherboards? At least within Brands?

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Screw holes do...but that isn't the issue. It would be the difference in things like the vrm's and where/if they are being cooled that cg in the way.

Brando

zotac amp extreme was the best 980ti for straight out of the box performance (for a reasonable cost. excluding kingpin/hydro etc). they pretty much had it at almost max oc in the bios. no need to mess with software and if the oc becomes unstable you can warranty because they tuned it themselves. that's what i'm looking at unless somebody comes out with something better. it seems like evga always gives you a tiny boost and the coolers are just ok. maybe it'll be different this time who knows. i really need all the power i can get for 4k since even now there are games that are under 60fps with a 1080ti.

EDIT: thank god they made a normal amp extreme. i thought they were going with that hideous PGF thing.

THIS will probably be the one to get and what i'll probably put my money on unless they really drop the ball.
not that it's gorgeous but at least it's not a rainbow spaceship like the pgf.

aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9WL0gvNjU5NTAxL29yaWdpbmFsL1pULVAxMDgxMEMtMTBQX2ltYWdlNC5w.png

Last edited:

motherboard1

Screw holes do...but that isn't the issue. It would be the difference in things like the vrm's and where/if they are being cooled that cg in the way.

So I just need to see one with the stock cooler removed. & Hope also that the power connector for the fan is standard as well. Then Maybe.

Last edited:

Nebulous

Señor Senior, Senior
zotac amp extreme was the best 980ti for straight out of the box performance (for a reasonable cost. excluding kingpin/hydro etc). they pretty much had it at almost max oc in the bios. no need to mess with software and if the oc becomes unstable you can warranty because they tuned it themselves. that's what i'm looking at unless somebody comes out with something better. it seems like evga always gives you a tiny boost and the coolers are just ok. maybe it'll be different this time who knows. i really need all the power i can get for 4k since even now there are games that are under 60fps with a 1080ti.

EDIT: thank god they made a normal amp extreme. i thought they were going with that hideous PGF thing.

THIS will probably be the one to get and what i'll probably put my money on unless they really drop the ball.
not that it's gorgeous but at least it's not a rainbow spaceship like the pgf.

View attachment 189050

Dam that's a nice looking card! That PGF model is hideous :escape:

DWTech

Registered
just returned an EVGA 1080 Ti founders edition. shame too because I sat thru the slow site basket speed on my supplier on launch day/time and managed to get one of the first ones.. totally dead on arrival tho. tried in 3 dif PCs. didn't show up at all.

torin3

just returned an EVGA 1080 Ti founders edition. shame too because I sat thru the slow site basket speed on my supplier on launch day/time and managed to get one of the first ones.. totally dead on arrival tho. tried in 3 dif PCs. didn't show up at all.

Man, that sucks! Even worse than my experience.

Witchdoctor

Is there any possibility that I could swap an ACX2.0 from lets say a gtx 970 onto a 1080ti ?

Yes , chill out better cards are coming. We have waited this long, whats a few more weeks or a month

The big dogs will probably be longer than that aka Matrix, lightning & KPE

Woomack

Benching Team Leader
I guess that for first month the best you will be able to find will be ASUS Strix or EVGA FTW as these cards are already listed ( but not in stock yet ). Personally I'm not sure if it's worth anything better than these series.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
For users not into extreme cooling, anything more was never really worth it... at least for the last several generations anyway. :(

dfonda

Senior Golfer
I'm in a different situation, I like the FE's blower for my small case. Am counting on that blower to efficiently get the heat out of the case....

As I'm playing a lot of older (Batman Origins for instance) titles, I want the boost from a 970 to the 1080ti ASAP. The OC I'm seeing the FE's getting look like more than enough for a satisfying gaming experience...and than there is the money....$700 is enough to spend...