• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 260

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woodzy

Would you say this was a good o'c, ran 3DMark 06 couple of times everything was good.

whats everyone else pushed out of their 260? i have not tried going any higher yet max temp hit 59 degrees that was with fan speed kept at 40% is this ok?

thanks

Attachments

• Shot1.gif
    Shot1.gif
    17.4 KB · Views: 128

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
You likely have a bit to go...I would say in the low 700s for core and low 1500s for shader and 1200 for memory.

Keep the temps around 80C or so.

You can see the thread I created a while back that shows me pre volt modded air clocks.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Just have Furmark stress test running while you up the clocks. When it freezes or start to artifact, back it off a notch. Remember to unlink the core from the shaders and do each individually. HOWEVER, your core cannot be more than 1/2 of your shaders or the clocks wont accept.

OP
Woodzy

Woodzy

How long after i have o'c should i run the test for, or is there no need because i have got it running when o'c?

OP
Woodzy

Woodzy

Well i have got to...
and all is fine should i just keep pushing until it freezes and then take it down a notch keeping it under 80 though?

thanks for your help

Attachments

• shot 2.gif
    shot 2.gif
    17.5 KB · Views: 92

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Yep.

Just plat with one thing at a time. For example, leave the memory at stock speeds while you work on the core and shader. Then after you find the max for them, then do memory.

OP
Woodzy

Woodzy

Currently at ...

All is well but it seems a lot higher than stock and it is still going just seems a bit odd :shrug:

Attachments

• shot 3.gif
    shot 3.gif
    17.5 KB · Views: 90

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Those are some solid clocks for stock volts and cooling... try running 3dmk06 or something and see if it still works. If it does, then keep going.

Also note those are not your ACTUAL clockspeeds listed in GPUz. The clocks in the graph in precision are your actual speeds. ;)

OP
Woodzy

Woodzy

When i click on the sensor tab it shows the speeds different?

Attachments

• shot 4.gif
    shot 4.gif
    12.6 KB · Views: 92

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
It clocked down to its 2D clocks.

Again, the EVGA Precision graph is about the only thing I know that shows the ACTUAL clocks

OP
Woodzy

Woodzy

EVGA Precision is what i am using to o'c

does all look right to you or am i going wrong somewhere?

just about to run 3dmark

Attachments

• shot 3.gif
    shot 3.gif
    17.5 KB · Views: 86
  • Shot 5.JPG
    Shot 5.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 89

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Probably not stable at those settings. Back off the shaders...OR may not be kicking into 3d clocks... start 3dmk for a minute then exit out, did the graph change?

EDIT: You need to have a load on the card (Furmark) to put it into 3d clocks.

OP
Woodzy

Woodzy

i have now come across an error this is what i get when i try to load 3dmark

Attachments

• shot 6.JPG
    shot 6.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 87