• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 660 ti

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maineri

Hi!

I need help overclocking my nVidia 660 Ti. These are my current settings with msi afterburner:

-Core Voltage 0
-Power Limit 114% (max limit)
-Core Clock +80MHz
-Memory Clock +120MHz

I got 5017 in 3DMark with those. Everyone on the internet got something like +120 Core Clock, but when I do that it usually crashes. With hours of work I got it working with:

-Core Voltage +50
-Core Clock +110MHz
-Memory Clock +200MHz

But then I got only 4800 in 3DMark. Should I add more Core Voltage? Why 3DMark gives less score? What are good clock speeds? Is it bottlenecking?

My PC:

-4GB DDR2 memory
-Dual 2 Core 2.4Ghz (overclocked to 3.2Ghz with 355 bus speed and 9 multiplier) E6600
-GTX 660 Ti
-Asus P5B-E motherboard

Please help!

Lochekey

Senior Pink Member
If you are scoring lower it means you are probably not stable at that overclock.

To try and find max overclock set voltage and memory back to +0. Leave power limit at max and core clock at +50. Run your chosen benchmark and record your score. Start raising the core clock by 10 mhz increments until you start seeing artifacts or your scores stop going up. At that point try adding voltage to stabalize. If you are able to stabalize with village start raising the core clock again. Repeat this until voltage increases do not help stabalize or temps get to high. At this point back your core clock down by 10 and you should have a pretty stable core clock.

Leave the core clock at this level and repeat the process with the memory but work in 25 mhz increments, starting at +100.

As far as a bottleneck you can run a monitoring program and see if the gpu utilisation is between 95-100%. If not then you probably have a bottleneck elsewhere.

P A U L

Registered
Hi!

I need help overclocking my nVidia 660 Ti. These are my current settings with msi afterburner:

-Core Voltage 0
-Core Clock +80MHz
-Memory Clock +120MHz

I got 5017 in 3DMark with those. Everyone on the internet got something like +120 Core Clock, but when I do that it usually crashes. With hours of work I got it working with:

-Core Voltage +50
-Core Clock +110MHz
-Memory Clock +200MHz

But then I got only 4800 in 3DMark. Should I add more Core Voltage? Why 3DMark gives less score? What are good clock speeds? Is it bottlenecking?

My PC:

-4GB DDR2 memory
-Dual 2 Core 2.4Ghz (overclocked to 3.2Ghz with 355 bus speed and 9 multiplier) E6600
-GTX 660 Ti
-Asus P5B-E motherboard

Please help!

Have you figured anything out yet? I'm about to install a 660 Ti and would like some tips before I complete installation.