• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 670 2GB should be ok for me I think

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rogbur22

Per my upgrade schedule (tax return upgrades) Im due for new GPU and not much else this time around. I could get anything at all GPU wise however Im keeping my 23inch 1920x1080 HP 2311x monitor so no reason to go for extra vram on the GPU (the 4GB version ) as I wont use it really.

My main thing is gaming, gaming and some more gaming. :D

Right now I have my EVGA GTX 570 1.2GB and it works fine but I want more speed / ram and I don't want to keep this another year or longer and lastly because I can. :D

Going to stick with EVGA as they have been good to me. Also sticking with green team again :thup: Before my 570 I was red team for 6 or so years. But since having the 570 I am now hooked on physx. LOL I absolutely love physx and I want to keep having it. Especially since I started playing Borderlands 2 a few weeks back. It's like a giant physx demo :D

I still may jump at the time of purchase and get a 680 2GB version but the extra money does not really get you that much more speed no ? My thinking right now is that the 670 is kinda the sweet spot if not the 660Ti.

My only other thought was getting a bigger PSU and getting 2 660Ti. That kind of intrests me also. LOL

Yes like many I am hooked on buying parts :p thanks for listening to me ramble.

If you've got the money get a 670/680 and grab yourself a nice 27" monitor. You're missing out at 1080p!!

Back