• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 68 Phantom 4GB - Dead resistor - Need Ohm value

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gurj1979

Hi Guys.

Apologies if this a repeat thread/post, I can't find the right area to post this.

Can someone please help me here. I have a GTX 680 Phantom 4GB with a dead resistor Ohms are not measurable. If somebody has the same card can they please tell me how many Ohms it is. My card refuses to work without this resistor. It needs to complete the power phase to turn rest of the circuit on.
See picture for which resistor I'm talking about. Thanks.

20160920_224641.jpg

Reads as 1.694-1.696 kΩ (kilo-Ohms) (I assume it's nominal value is 1.695) on my GTX 680 2GB card with my digital multimeter.

I assume it would be the same on the 4GB card as it is on the 2GB card, as there likely wouldn't be much reason to change the electrical components ratings.

Positive contact appears to be the one on the left when measured in the same orientation as yours is in, in that photo.

Back