• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 680 Heats usb ports?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Strufly

Hi,
I have a GTX 680 Reference card which i have had and used for a little over 2 and a half years, recently my mouse has been turning it self off for a second and it is annoying when i game, so i switched usb hub to the one in the front of the case, but when i game CSGO for 2 hours or so i can hear my gpu is turning its fan RPM up, which it has never done before while playing CSGO, and since it is a reference card it throws out the heat from the back so when i feel the temperature coming out it is extremely hot and kindoff heats things around it also ( i think ), so sometimes my keyboard and mouse and mic but not sound cuts off, and wont turn on again, not even replugging the usb's or trying different usb hubs, and a restart is needed, so i thought it was my motherboard dying but now i think that its my gpu dying because it only happends when it gets warm and turns up the RPM, so my question is, could it be the gpu heating the motherboard up and causing my usb hubs to turn off?
Thanks in advance

I doubt it? Is your case in an enclosed area with little or no aorflow?

Is the card really going bad? Have you cleaned out the dust, and perhaps reapplied thermal paste?

I think the card is going bad, and no i have not cleaned the dust out or reapplied thermal paste since i have never unscrewed its screws because there is still insurance/warranty on it, i have NZXT H440 case and have done cable magnement so airflow shouldnt be the problem, i have 4 airflow fans and 2 fans for my radiator for my cpu.

If you have never cleaned the card, that is absolutely the issue. Clean it out.

Back