• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gtx 980 ti artifacting?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noob_smoke

Registered
I just got a GTX 980 Ti yesterday. Played bunch of video games just fine. I woke up this morning to play Dota 2 and I had artifacting? that looks like this LRc7D.png

I restarted the game and restarted the pc, I ran unigine valley bench on ultra. everything was 100% fine as well as other games. But went back in Dota 2 and was still doing the same thing. It ended up going back to normal after I rebooted my pc again. Is this anything I should be worried about, it's working fine now...

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
You can only reproduce the issue with DOTA2? No other games do it?

Kenrou

I'm getting the same artifacting with World of Warcraft on windowed mode, chalking it up to crappy drivers and/or game programming...

OP
N

noob_smoke

Registered
You can only reproduce the issue with DOTA2? No other games do it?

Yes, it happened once though. I played for less than 3 minutes It started doing what it did in that picture, but worse. It had more lines and tri angles and some green squares. I restarted the game 4-5 times, was starting to do it in the menu. I ran unigine benchmark on highest preset full screen. Temps reported 55c no OC btw. Then I went to play GTA V and Skyrim for few hours, went back to Dota 2 it was fine... went back to normal. Played 1 45 minute game. It played like normal... I am just worried it might happen again? is it a game problem or the video card? the drivers are latest. I even had a fresh windows install yesterday right when I got the new video card.

OP
N

noob_smoke

Registered
I am going to just, have the game spectate live game play all day. See if it does anything strange again. The only thing I could speculate why this happened is because I changed the shadow quality to ultra from low because my old video card could not handle the shadow rendering any higher.

I'm thinking about the RMA... ugh :( the damn card took so long to arrive in the mail too just to send it back!