• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 980 Ti connection question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Juan71287

Hi all. First time connecting one of these and not 100% sure if this is how it goes so wondering if anyone can guide me. (Yes I YouTubed it but every time I saw someone connecting it was 2 separate cables and mine is just 1..... You will understand what I mean from my question bellow).

So this Ti has x2 8 pin headers. I know it's for like the extra power or whatnot. So I found in my power supply case, GPU cables. It's 1 cables that has x2 8 pins for the GPU. So when I look at videos it's always separate. Mine seems to have the x2 8 pins needed on 1 cable (picture bellow).

Is that correct or do I need to connect another one with 8 pins so it's 2 separate cables?

K1OVUUj.jpg

ATMINSIDE

Sim Racing Aficionado Co-Owner
The only time using two separate cables would give a benefit is if you're overclocking to the moon and back. (Read: flashing the BIOS and running custom water cooling or taking it cold)