• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 980ti vs GTX Titan...what one uses less power?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
oh I see, It seem like only Classified have custom PCB, so mine is a reference one. Soo....where would I even find a blower one o_O

The problems is how it housed it the case. There is a vent on the left side (no pull or push just open vent) with the GPU fans pointing down. I am worried that a lot of the hot air will get trapped in side....and have a hard time moving air around.

Last edited:
That is what exhaust fans on the case are for. :)

That said, have you tried it and are your temps ok?

I might have to abandoned the case for larger one with better air flow >< (hoping not...)

- - - Updated - - -

I very limited with space. oh...you may have not seen the case, its this . Only fans are, on GPU, CPU cooler and power one. I might have to abandoned the case for larger one with better air flow >< (hoping not...but it gets hot fast)

Tryed a bit of testing with Dark souls 2 (did not play long for each settings around 15 min each)

1080P with AA around 55c
1440P with aa around 60-62c (high...
4K with no AA 80-82c (but max fan on)
---------------------------------------

Is there a better way to test around with?

Different games really.. You can try Unigine Heaven or Unigine valley on extreme and just let it run...

But the 980Ti, a single one, isn't a 4K card anyway...

Left Heaven Benchmark 4.0 for 40 min, on Ultra, 1440P no AA. got 80c with fan max. I guess I can lower the power target...and try to keep at a lower temp, but for 77% power I can have it at 70c with max. fan. (going to keep messing around with stuff)

Last edited:
That is simply A LOT of card with no airflow. I have to be honest, its a crying shame to place a glass ceiling on the card just to keep temps down and have to have max fan. Keeping along my theme of honesty, lol, I am not sure the stock cooler is going to help things much. It will be louder I would imagine. If you are trying to push 4K resolutions, a tiny case with zero airflow isn't a great idea and chopping off horsepower will leave a card that is already short horsepower for the res, with even less.

Strange....the card seemed to have tanked, testing Heaven Benchmark 4.0 with out limiting power like before now (ran fine in the 70FPS, but hot. Now I am not getting anything above 61c...but with huge flux in the GPU clock and low FPS 16.

Run gpuz before you start the bench... run it... then check the sensors tab to see what the throttling reason is. :)

it might because its limited by VRel? (I cant get a steady GPU load it fluctuate a lot on Heaven Benchmark 4.0) Does this mean I need a new power supply?

it might because its limited by VRel?
Are you telling us that is the issue or or asking if it is the issue? Right now, its a question...

As I said, start GPUz... run the benchmark, look at GPUz sensor tab and see what, if anything, is tripping it. Post up a screenshot of the GPUz sensor tab after the test. :)

oooh...sorry. GPU-z showed, that my 980 ti under PerfCap Reason list was VRel, when I test my 780 it listed PerfCap Temperature limit. ok, I Will run it again or is the the text file sensor log ok?

Vrel... I wonder if the voltage regulators are getting too hot... tiny case, 250W card... it needs more airflow would be my guess. If you take of some panels does that eliminate or reduce the throttling?

Naa, no need to run. I believe you... but just wasn't sure if you were asking or telling us what it was. :)

I ran it again with the top off, it seemed to stay in the 90% GPU load more often.

Back