• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX Titan NVIDIA (game trouble)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bananalar

hey

I've had this pc for a while and played forza horizon 5 before but for some reason it has stopped working it comes up with the warning that is attached.
I have tried everything I can think of updating drivers and even my brother has tried for me. We had a look at the driver list and says my graphics card isn't able to install the driver needed. I'm using an GTX Titan.
does anyone have any ideas on who I can contact or any help with this sort of thing. I would appreciate anything and still new to the pc side of things.

Attachments

• forza proble, for luke.PNG
    forza proble, for luke.PNG
    49.2 KB · Views: 9
What PC do you have (specs, plz)?
Did this happen after an update from the game?
What driver is currently installed? Is the game just not recognizing the new one you tried to install or.....provide some details here, please.
Have you tried to look at the forza forums for this issue?

Requirements show a GTX 9xx series GPU. IIRC, the Titan is from before that (Maxwell), while the 9xx series is Kepler-based.

EDIT: A quick google shows this is a common issue with many fixes - https://www.google.com/search?q=FH5...i30j0i390l4.5357j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Have you tried anything from there?

EDIT2: If you look, the newest drivers for your card are the ones you have. The game requires newer. I don't know if there is a workaround or what, but, that's what the game expects. Try installing, the oldest drivers compatible and see if it works; otherwise, I think it's time for an upgrade. You're trying to play a new game on a 9 year old graphics card.

Last edited:
specs are
Device name DESKTOP-47QA8FH
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4930K CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
Installed RAM 12.0 GB
Device ID 459C512C-8934-4E1E-B3B0-0094081A47A7
Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA920
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

I had updated the game just before this started happening there was a warning for not meeting minimum system requirements before but I just ignored and played.

Currently installed is version 473.81 I have tried to download this newer version but not letting me.

I have had a look at forza forums and tried everything it suggested.

Also have tried Edit2.

Surely even on an older generation of graphics cards healthy enough to play these sort of games but NVIDIA wont let you install is strange.

I think the latest update was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Try installing a newer driver.

This is a game thing, not an nvidia thing. The game requires a specific driver (or newer) to run. I'm imagining it needs something from the driver it lists. The gpu is below the list of requirements.

Time to upgrade.

Last edited:
I wonder if there’s a way to roll back the Forza update? Seems like the only way to get it going again on that Titan card.

Back