• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX TITAN X pencil mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mikesamo

Hi I was reading about a pencil mod for the titan x resistors . that unlocks voltages up to 1.37 . my max voltage is 1.274 and it wont go above that .
it looks rather simple to do but sadly i have nothing to test the resistance before and after . can someone guide me on how to do it . I,ll do so on my own risk

What are your temperatures after looping heaven for a few runs right now?

Then you have plenty of temp range, but you're talking about dangerous voltage levels for ambient cooling on a long-term card.
Just leave well enough alone with your GPU before you fry it.

Then you have plenty of temp range, but you're talking about dangerous voltage levels for ambient cooling on a long-term card.
Just leave well enough alone with your GPU before you fry it.

I have an arctric iv cooler . with tiny individual mosfet heatsinks and a big back heatsink . is 1.3 gonna hurt ?

I have an arctric iv cooler . with tiny individual mosfet heatsinks and a big back heatsink . is 1.3 gonna hurt ?

1.3V is the most I would go to for a card being used daily. Past that you risk the longevity of the card.
Start getting over about 1.35V and you'd better have some sub-ambient cooling going because it's going to heat WAY up.

1.3V is the most I would go to for a card being used daily. Past that you risk the longevity of the card.
Start getting over about 1.35V and you'd better have some sub-ambient cooling going because it's going to heat WAY up.

All I need is 1.3 . thatll probably give me a solid 1500 mhz :) . im stuck at 1440 mhz with 1.274 .

All I need is 1.3 . thatll probably give me a solid 1500 mhz :) . im stuck at 1440 mhz with 1.274 .

It's very possible you could run out of temperature, but it'd be better to do it via BIOS than pencil IMO.

you cant . even if you set a 1.3v on the bios the max the voltage will go is 1.274 . must be an nvidia limit

I still suggest against hardware mods for a daily driver.
There's a high risk of killing components with hardware mods, you void all warranty, and your voltage readings will be wrong on the computer.

Be happy with what you have, before you kill it...

I still suggest against hardware mods for a daily driver.
Be happy with what you have.

maybe you are right . I am a lincoln tech student . in est program . I just love modding and diys . maybe i should do it on my gtx 460 just for ****s and giggles

Back