• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX980 Vs. Titan X?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hey guys,

I have started gaming alot more these days, and being that my 980GTX handle it fine, thats not my issue, my issue is the 4gb Vram.

Titan X have started to hit the market at okay price ranges, where i can sell my 2x 980GTX and buy one Titan X and have money left over, and then add a tiny bit and have 2x Titan X 12Gb.

Should i consider this? or is better to wait for new Nvidia cards? or got single 1080Ti?

I don't think there's a lot of difference between the Titan x and 1080 Ti performance wise so whichever is cheaper

Ah OK, I sometimes forget about that. Then I would likely stick with the single card VS the double card hands down if the pricing is reasonably similar

Im a confused about these Titan cards and info online is all over the place.

There is Titan X and Titan X Pascal, they are from 2015/16 both of them? or not?

Can you shed some light on this situation maybe?

I need to know how to tell them apart, cos it seems like i may just head for a Titan X pascal and ditch the dual 980 setup.

I guess i have moved on the Titan X maxwell already, its gonna be a small improvement, but not worth the time or cash. I am considering Titan X Pascal, it should be around the same as my current dual 980GTX but with more Vram and no SLi issues.

I cant find much comparing those cards, but i'd love to hear opinions.

I can compare Single GTX980 vs Titan X Pascal, but cant find any compare between GTX 980 SLI vs. Titan X Pascal

I can compare Single GTX980 vs Titan X Pascal, but cant find any compare between GTX 980 SLI vs. Titan X Pascal

Sorry I meant to keep the different Titans apart .
It might be hard to find the exact comparisons you are looking for but the Titans are never much better than the TI version from the same gen . So look for 980sli vs 1080 and 1080ti bench's you might have to look at a few different reviews to get an Idea if you cant find direct comparisons .

I have been going threw 3dMark Fire STrike Exteme scores, just to have a baseline idea, cos i have a ton of results for my own rig with non overclocked 980GTX SLI with 5930K at 4ghz, but i am unable to find a base score, basically a non overclcoked Titan X Pascal running with 5930k. I can find Overclcoked scores, which as showing like 3k more points vs my own score, but i have no idea how much a 330mhz core overclock gives, IF i could see that the Titan X pascal is getting like 12,5k+ with stock settings in Fire Strike Extreme, then sure, the upgrade is small, and the price is high, but the 12gb Vram would help me when running 4x 1440p (only 1 used for gaming) but GTA V likes my V ram, and i'd like to get more. But I may be looking at selling my 2x980, then adding almost double up on money from that sale to get pascal, and somehow that wont work out very well at all.

This is pretty much what im looking at for the best compare i can find.
https://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/15058521/fs/9670256#

Back