• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GUI based HTML 5 software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pinky

It's time to abandon Frontpage. I have a very simple photo blog and music page that I've been hosting online since 2003 and so far Frontpage has been adequate, but I'm expecting I will be moving away from the link-list layout towards something more modern someday soon. My thinking is there must be a free GUI based webpage development software out there by now. I have some experience with Dreamweaver but it's expensive and as I don't make anything off the sites I'm not looking to invest in expensive software just to offer free content.

I have hosting, and I have the programming ability (enough for what I need/want). I'd also like to retain complete control over the design elements and content, instead of being held hostage to some plan/third-party. Just lack the modern tool(s) for getitng the page redesigned.

Fwiw Wix is decent, which I've used for tinkering with designs for my employer's website. But I would never put my own content on such a site.

Should mention that although simple, my photo site is massive (thousands of photos) and music site has a relatively large amount of data (lots of zipped albums, in mp3 and flac, etc). I'm also intending to have a large multimedia project for the music site in the coming months so my own hosting will be required for that (bandwidth, storage, and content sharing plugin concerns).

Back