• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gyration RF Mouse/Keyboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ugmore Baggage

I picked this up at Staples for $100. It truly is cool.

Basically it consists of a radio-frequency base unit that plugs into a USB port, a wireless keyboard, a wireless optical mouse, and a charger-base for the mouse (the keyboard uses AAA batteries).

Here's the wild part: if the rf optical mouse isn't enough freedom you can pick the mouse up, press a trigger underneath, and twist your hand around in the air. It seems to work pretty well, so far I find it easiest to release the trigger when I get the mouse where I want (it stops reacting to movement then) and then click using my thumb but that's my jittery hand.

At $100 it isn't the buy of the century, but it may be the gadget of the year.

http://www.gyration.com/

Now I guess I can get one of those legacy-free Abit mobos (it all runs through a USB port).

Captain Slug

Helpful Senior Member
I have the wired version of that mouse and it's perfect for use with a Home Theater PC because the cord is REALLY long and you don't need any kind of surface.
However, holding down the button gets tedious after an hour or so.

OP
Ugmore Baggage

Ugmore Baggage

I was hoping that would go away.
It's still also a fully functional optical "desktop" mouse.

heh the ultimate arm-chair/chair-arm computer controller.

I'm mostly glad that I'm able to replace my old IR keyboard.