• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[H]ardOCP R9500PRO Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PreservedSwine

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=Mzc0

Looks tasty!

EDIT- after reading this review, I was shocked to see this little tidbit:

The anti-aliasing and anisotropic performance results show that the GeForce4 Ti4600 is quickly becoming the card not to buy for gaming. Keep in mind that money-wise, the 9500 and 9500 Pro are posistioned to take on the Ti4200 cards that are out there.

He must know the flames he'd get by posting that.:confused:

Last edited:

Rav

Forget taking on the 4200, with AA and AF its faster than the 4600! Even without its sometimes faster! And it only has 64MB!

-Rav

Wega!

It looks like the card I've been waiting for! :) Low price and great performance, that's the way we like it! :D

wildfrogman

Hmm, the 9500PRO is quite a bit better than the plain 9500. I bet alot of people will go for the cheaper 9500 , not understand its a big drop from the 9500PRO and get upset. Ohwell, i cant wait till the ddr2~next gen vid cards get here.

rdytorave

Looks like you can take a 9700 and overclock it to the 9700 Pro speeds. Very cool. I don't trust ATI drivers though.

PhobMX

rdytorave said:
Looks like you can take a 9700 and overclock it to the 9700 Pro speeds. Very cool. I don't trust ATI drivers though.

start to, catalyst 2.3 are as stable as nvidias detonator can be....

i might also get the cheap 9500 and oc it to 9700 speeds with cooljag ;)

SemiCycle

I just got done reading a couple other reviews of that 9500pro. That will be one killer card. It is nice to see ATI expand their new generation GPU to the mid and lower levels. Since the card has a suggested price of $199, what do you think it will be selling for?

Cisco Kid

rdytorave said:

clean install and ATI drivers are as solid as detonator nvidia drivers thats a fact

9500 PRO here I come in time, it will be my 5th ATI card :D

cisco kid

OP
PreservedSwine

PreservedSwine

slipknot said:
I just got done reading a couple other reviews of that 9500pro. That will be one killer card. It is nice to see ATI expand their new generation GPU to the mid and lower levels. Since the card has a suggested price of $199, what do you think it will be selling for?

$199 retail out of the gate price..I'm guessing it'll be down to $150 on-line in less than amonth:)

SemiCycle

PreservedSwine said:

$199 retail out of the gate price..I'm guessing it'll be down to $150 on-line in less than amonth:)

Kinda makes me mad I upgraded to a 8500 Le a month ago. When will I learn patience :)

Last edited:

CrystalMethod

Senior Band Wagon Jumper
slipknot said:

Kinda makes me mad I upgraded to a 8500 Le a month ago. When will I learn patience :)

Patience is the way of the Jedi young Padawan...

...I've bought two MX-400's a little over a year ago, and have been watching the whole ATI vs. Nvidia thing the whole time. I'm still not decided on which card I'm going to upgrade to. NV30 comes out a little over 2 months from now, so I may as well wait to see what that does to the prices of all the cards.

Wega!

CrystalMethod said:

Patience is the way of the Jedi young Padawan...

...I've bought two MX-400's a little over a year ago, and have been watching the whole ATI vs. Nvidia thing the whole time. I'm still not decided on which card I'm going to upgrade to. NV30 comes out a little over 2 months from now, so I may as well wait to see what that does to the prices of all the cards.

And when the NV30 is here ATI will have new and better card in the way out, and you might as well wait for that one... And beat goes on! :)