• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

H80I + 4790K Are this temps correct?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Max temp of 70ºC after 10mins, didn't want to go longer. I've managed to lower the voltage tho, its running at 1.090v at 4.4GHz on all cores.. the only bad thing is that even using offset voltage, on cpu-z its showing a fixed voltage, ALWAYS at 1.090v no matter what im doing.

I have a corsair h100i that has always worked well with the stock tim in place. once I unmount it the first time, I cant get decent temps again. have warranted it 2 times for the same thing- actually the second time was also that a pump died but first the temps were crazy and let it sit for a few months. with stock tim it was always nice

Temps are better, just want to get my core voltage fixed.

Last edited:
Temp at 70c is just fine, the chip will run safely up to 90c. 100c is max Tj temp and will throttle the CPU.

Do you know whats happening to my Vcore though? I did everything correct i believe, it should be doing the speedstep thing, but the vcore is fixed at 1.090 instead.

If you want speedstep and voltage to go up and down, have to use Adaptive offset for Vcore.

Last edited:
I figured it out, turns out i had 'high performance' on power options, i had to change it to balanced mode.

My 120mm reservoir didn't 'fit' either in the front. I made it fit and in my case it was cramped already. The cpu is it on a board. I'd move your res to the front to protect it better. My cooler master case has a front door and a removable filter in the front so any slight mods aren't even noticeable.

Back