• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hacked

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

Someone in Norway managed to hack into my Poloniex account tonight.

Nothing in there, so no loss. I was able to log in and change the password, so hopefully they won't be able to get back in and see how poorly I did in 2014/2015.

wagex

Chapstick Eating Premium Member
yeah someone has been in my polo and coinbase, jokes on them. lol

Suppressor1137

I use a 20 digit password that i can not remember without looking at it in my password book hidden in a secret compartment in my desk.

so, unless someone knows where to look, nobody, net even me, wil be able to log into my acc.

I also use on screen keyboard to input it.

password would take a super computer a billion 300 million years to crack rofl.

Am i too paranoid?

klear

Someone in Norway managed to hack into my Poloniex account tonight.

Nothing in there, so no loss. I was able to log in and change the password, so hopefully they won't be able to get back in and see how poorly I did in 2014/2015.

Did you have 2FA? When I log in or do a transaction on poloniex, it requires the 6 digit code and a confirmation email.

JeremyCT

Is this why they tell you not to mine directly into your exchange wallet? I've wondered why they considered that to be inadvisable.