• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

had to grab a $99 monitor..............

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
we are redoing my shops right now, and you know how that crap goes....
well the guys knocked my dell ultra sharp monitor to the floor and you can guess the outcome of that........... brokey, brokey............
everything else is in storage, so no spare to grab and hook up.
so I send one of the guys over to the big box computer store to snag me something to get through the next couple of months while we get things rederanged.
he just grabbed something and we hooked it up and from that moment on my eyes started to bleed......
I swear, I think that before you invest in the big gpu, the fast cpu, you should invest in two things.
the very first is an ssd and the second is a sweet monitor.
the cheap, glary things really make my eyes tire, they are just awful in every way and no amount of adjusting will ever make it better.
I know I bring up the dell ultra sharps, that's only because that's all I know that you can look at all day and I am sure there are others that are as good, if not better, I just don't know about them.

At work we use cheap LCDs. The only relief is that we sit in a dark room so that we don't get any glare. No overhead lights. We do use desk lamps and such that are placed for 0 glare. That's the best I've got for ya.

"rederanged". :rofl:

Yeah, at my last job, they didn't cheap out on most things. I was your typical L0 helpdesk tech, and even I got a T540t (or whatever was the ultra thin 15" T line 2 years ago) with a 250GB Samsung SSD, got the nice logitech keyboard mouse, $100 telephone headset, all that hooked to a pair of $90 Acers. The only monitors I've ever used that made me ill. For the first few days I was getting up every half an hour or so just to walk it off, finally spending some time just adjust settings and screen angle.

To be fair though, that seemed to be more of a cheap electronics and/or bad backlighting issue than a glare issue, as dropping the backlight from ~80% to 50% helped more than anything.

I think you just hit it.
i'm calling harsh back lighting glare.

no, being in the middle of a complete rehab of my shops, I'm not putting anything nice in till we are done.
construction being a dynamic process I think that's best.

Back