• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Haf 922 Bottom Fan...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ciku

to the owners of cm haf 922 out there, do you guys put a bottom fan in your case? as intake/exhaust?

I've been wondering about this to. My pc sits on the carpet, so there is no way the bottom fan could suck in or blow out. I have some extra fans tho. Should I bother putting one in? Will it hurt my air flow?

Would have to be intake otherwise you would have almost no air getting to your GPU or your CPU.

When I have it up on my desk I have a 120mm as an intake on the bottom (HAF 932 but it's basically the same)

Doesn't bring in that much air but if you were doing some serious overclocking of your GPU then it's worth it. Full load temp went from 68 degrees down to 64 degrees.

I usually have my case on carpet like strangemachinex has and although the GPU temp did drop about 1 degree I can't see the fan being in the same shape after a few months of usage.

Basically if your overclocking your GPU and your on a wooden or metal surface it's highly recommended by me. If your on carpet or your not going to overclock your GPU then you don't need it.

Not to bring a dead thread back to life - but bottom intake is very important. You can buy a $9 (including shipping) cpu stand like [URL="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002LVUIS0/ref=s9_simh_gw_p79_i3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1CBJMFHZCQ22GFSSBC8Z&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846"]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002LVUIS0/ref=s9_simh_gw_p79_i3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1CBJMFHZCQ22GFSSBC8Z&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846[/URL]

or http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003BYRO7O/ref=oss_product

I bought the second one because it allows clearence from the floor and not just from the cpu cooler itself. Its not the best thing in the word (dont try to move the case - move the stand if you want to move it) but does the job.

Wasn't that important to me :p
Dropped my GPU temps by 2 degrees under full load, no change to CPU temps.
As far as I could tell it just wasn't worth it.

yeah I cant tell any difference at all. I have a 3000rpm fan down there, even when its on full speed the gpu will maybe go down 1 degree.

Have you set your computer on carpet? You should notice a larger temp difference if you have it seated on a wood floor or similar flat ground (obviously as long as you're not using an underfloor heater :p).

it was actually on a thick shag carpet. I took off the box from the case and its sitting on that now. More for the wheels, destroyed the first set under the weight of the case and the thick carpet.

Well obviously it's going to make no change when it's on thick shag carpet, no air can get to it!

What do you mean you took off the box? And wheels?
Really getting confoozed now :(

the original wheels that came with the 932 busted under the weight and thickness of the carpet when the case was being moved so I cut off a side of the cardboard box that the case was originally in and I sat the new wheels and case on that.

also off topic here but I noticed you have a 780i motherboard, a buddy has an evga 780i and he dosent know where to start on overclocking his E8400. If you let me know ill get it back to him.

Back