• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

half life 2 coupon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amanojyaku

could someone tell me how you redeem the coupon that is packaged with the 9600xt? do you bring it into the store and exchange it for the game or what?

micamica1217

amanojyaku said:
could someone tell me how you redeem the coupon that is packaged with the 9600xt? do you bring it into the store and exchange it for the game or what?

if I'm not mistaken, you will get a "key" number on the coupon...
you then could down load the game when it is done, or send the coupon in to get the game...could take six weeks, bla, bla.

maybe some retail stores will alow for you to turn in the card for the game, but I would not rely on that, even if they tell you so.

mica

Ltfalcon9700

Registered
Ya, my Radon 9800 comes with the game free... its the same sorta set up, you down load it once it comes out.(from the web site it gives you obvisly).

Mr.Guvernment

^^^ yeah or sa said mail it in - i think i would rather wait and buy the card later when i can get the game in my hands - not that because the card comes with HL2 i would buy it.

ANyone who buys this card JUStr because it comes with HL2 - u got issues - trust me - u dont get it for free - u pay for it somewhere.

Alacritan

I disagree. It's better than a 9600 Pro by 10-15% (not to mention it overclocks better because of the low-k nonsense), it costs about $15 more and you get the game for free (even the OEM cards). So when I order mine from GameVE.com for $159 shipped, I'm getting a better card for $109 ($40 less than a true 9600 Pro - no Power Color EZ s***) and I'm buying HL2 at the same time. At any rate, even without HL2, it's only $10 more on Pricewatch and it performs 10-15% better. Worth it to me. I'm getting one for Christmas.

Alacritan

Just to make sure, does the OEM card come with the coupon too? I heard it did, and it makes sense, since it's an ATi promotion, not a manufacturer choice. Has anyone bought an OEM Radeon that came with the coupon?

MRip

When I got my 9800pro at bestbuy it said it came with the coupon. But we all know that now only the XT series actually do. I was thinking about making a stink and getting them to give me a coupon. They were advertising it that way.

Agent_Mull

but from what ive heard, the cards only come w/ single player. And the game will be good w/o it. but it would be like buying a car and only being able to use it for city driving, under 45mph.

Alacritan

I don't care about multiplayer unless it's actually Team Fortress 2 in disguise. I mean, regular HL multiplayer isn't that great. I'm more a fan of classic UT or BF1942.

But still I ask, do the OEM Radeon XT cards come with the coupon? Has anyone bought an OEM XT?

snvpa

I don't see how the oems would. Ive never gotten a game before with an oem card. Usually its just the card and a driver disk.

Dermen

MRip said:
When I got my 9800pro at bestbuy it said it came with the coupon. But we all know that now only the XT series actually do. I was thinking about making a stink and getting them to give me a coupon. They were advertising it that way.

I bought a 9800Pro at BB and I had to send in a rebate to get HL2. Its only been 3-4 weeks so I haven't gotten anything back yet.

Mr.Guvernment

^^^^ you wouldnt becuase the game is not out yet so how can they send you something that is not released yet

:D

Evnas

Agent_Mull said:
but from what ive heard, the cards only come w/ single player. And the game will be good w/o it. but it would be like buying a car and only being able to use it for city driving, under 45mph.

That was just a rumor started by the ever hateful Inquirer who, with the release of the XT, wrote a few ATi bashing articles filled with a bunch of crap they made up, and simple flat out lies.