• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Half-Life 2 Episode One $12.99 @Outpost/Fry's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OP
stereo555

stereo555

Overclocking is music to my soul
Also reported to be at Target for $14.99 (not verified , but mentioned at Fatwallet )

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
meh, after shipping it ends up being the same as if you bought it online, except you have to wait for it.

SteveLord

the word on the game is that its awesome and even better than the original Halflife 2.....

but it is short as hell, and over within a few hours.

vixro

SteveLord said:
the word on the game is that its awesome and even better than the original Halflife 2.....

but it is short as hell, and over within a few hours.

Tis the whole point. The Episodes are to show where they are in technology with the Source engine and what they can do. If you notice, the game has extremely sweet graphics and nice physics with practically no slowdown whatsoever (had over 100fps with my rig at max, full HDR, and 1280x1024, but that's to be expected ;) )

It takes around 4-6 hours because it's an "episode". The amount of time it takes to beat is also listed right in the summary. :p

IWasHungry

Took me 4 hours to beat. Was fun while it lasted at least. The overall feeling was darker than Half-Life 2.
The coolest part was near the beginning, when Dog throws you into the Citadel in the dead car. I was like WHOOOOOAAAAA.
;)