• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

half-life 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ninthebin

I was jsut reading about doom3...and it mentioned on what valve are doing with half-life2...

now they either best make something that looks better than doom3 (unprobably unless they bring it out some years later) - or buy licence to the doom3 engine and MOD IT! - I mean they did it with the quake engine for half life so why not fellas?

and I wont be expecting anything like a modded ut2003 engine cos that was old news after the first screenshot of doom3 was shown some while ago ;)

runsalone

ninthebin, Half-Life 2 has been MIA for some time. We've been waiting for Team Fortress 2 for around 4 years and they cannot even tell us what's going on with it, the last info given to the people that pay their salaries was sometime around the year 2000.

Half-Life 2 is just a joke, they take forever to release anything. When 10 ghz cpus are on the market, you'll see early screenshots of a Half-Life 2 in early development.

OP
ninthebin

ninthebin

they cant leave it that late...a companies gotta make money...and the perfect way would be the follow up...they would be stupid to leave it that long

whooping_a_panda

Mr Slave Senior
yes tf2 is MIA and ive been waiting for that for more than 4 years now. As far as HL 2 is concerned i have read (month or 2 ago, in pcgamer) that it was under development, im not even sure if TF2 is anymore. I highly doubt it will be 10 years before the release HL2, a company does have to make money and how can you not decide to cash in on such a large cash cow as half life.

Didnt hl run the lithtech engine? not the quake2?

Zuck Gou :)

whooping_a_panda said:
yes tf2 is MIA and ive been waiting for that for more than 4 years now. As far as HL 2 is concerned i have read (month or 2 ago, in pcgamer) that it was under development, im not even sure if TF2 is anymore. I highly doubt it will be 10 years before the release HL2, a company does have to make money and how can you not decide to cash in on such a large cash cow as half life.

Didnt hl run the lithtech engine? not the quake2?

I'm pretty sure it was the Quake I engine it ran off of.

whooping_a_panda

Mr Slave Senior
quake one... that doesnt sound right at all, im gonna go look it up
'
*edit*
Valve combined the Quake and Quake II engines, along with some of their own code, to create an engine that feels and runs like Quake II, but with many graphical advantages

quake 2 it was, who was the first to use the lithtech then?

Last edited: