• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Halo Frame Rate Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NightWolf_8800

Hi

I have a problem where im getting limited frames in halo. It has been really bad in the past days. Everynow and then when i run halo the frame rate will be around 27,28,29 frames. The only way to get the framerate in halo back up to the set fixed 30fps is to restart.

I've also noticed the frame rate go from its fixed 30 to then switching between 29 and 30 frames and then going all the way down to 29. Any below 30 makes the game unplayable

I have checked all temps to see if it was because of throttling... but my GPU is at 50C and my cpu is at 34C and my chipset at 38C... I was playing FEAR earlier and the gpu temp was around 63C and i was getting 100+ frames, no decrease at all in fps.

I have:
Reinstalled the latest verion of Direct X
Reinstalled the latest NVIDIA display drivers (81.95)
Reinstalled all the mobo/chipset drivers

And i still get this stupid framerate hanging below the set 30FPS.

Any ideas????

Thanks
NW

Yuriman

Eh, well, I really don't think you can see a difference between 29 and 30fps. Its probably all in your head. To me, 30fps is just as unplayable as 28, I prefer 35+.