• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hard drive no detected

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Exteez

Hello, well not long ago my computer froze during me using it, I was watching a film, so I turned it off using the power button and went to sleep. The next day it would not turn on properly and I got several errors. I have two drives one SSD and one HDD. I tried a lot of different options and what I found is that none of them work. I tried swapping out cables, putting the drives in different ports, I tried connecting one drive at a time, and nothing works. Also I can't get to BIOS in any way, by pressing any buttons, nothing, it seems that it has been blocked or something because my computer came with a pre-installed OS. My windows is windows 8 which doesn't help at all. These are a couple of screenshots that will be of use to you guys. As you can see the only place I can go is to the boot menu, and the boot menu doens't detect either of my drives. The question is, what can I do?!

Thanks for all the attempts even if you don't help me but try,
Exteez

Attachments

• black ss.jpg
    black ss.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 71
  • boot.jpg
    boot.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 48

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
Do you have another computer you can plug the device (s) into? Have you tried resetting your cmos (either via a button, jumper, or pulling the battery for 30 minutes or so from the motherboars?)

trents

Ditto on resetting the CMOS. Should be a set of 2 or 3 pins on the motherboard, usually near the little round battery. If not, just take the battery out for 15-20 minutes. Before you do this make sure you unplug the PSU from the wall and don't power on again until you have replaced the pin jumper to it's original position if there is a pin jumper. Some don't have a jumper so just short across the pins with a screw driver tip.