• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hard Drive Permissions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viol8ted

I took my girlfriends hard drive out of her computer and put it in mine. Now when I try to access any files on her hard drive I get access denied. That I don't have permissions. I've tried giving myself permissions with no avail. I am using vista 64 ult and also tried it on windows 7 with the same result. Is there a fast and painless way of getting access to these files without hooking the hard drive up in her computer and removing permissions?? Please help!!!

Joeteck

Retired
I took my girlfriends hard drive out of her computer and put it in mine. Now when I try to access any files on her hard drive I get access denied. That I don't have permissions. I've tried giving myself permissions with no avail. I am using vista 64 ult and also tried it on windows 7 with the same result. Is there a fast and painless way of getting access to these files without hooking the hard drive up in her computer and removing permissions?? Please help!!!

Put it back in her computer, boot in safe mode, log on as administrator and remove the password on her account.

If it still does not work, you'll need to take ownership of that folder. (after you remove the password)

Otherwise you'll blow up her profile...

Last edited: