• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hard drive setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hafi7975

Registered
hi there , my rig
Case: HAF 932
MB: EVGA i7 X58 SLI Classified
Ram: Corsair DDR3 CM3X2G2000C8GT series
Cooling : Swiftech kit MB CPU blocks
HD : 1 x V/Raptor 10,000rpm 300gb
2 x Western Digital (black edition) 1Tb raid 0
PSU:Enerma Revolution 1250 watt
Video: 2 x EVGA CO-OP GTX 295 Sli
Sound: Xi-Fi Fatalaty Titnm pro with front display

I was told to just get 1 V/Raptor for my OS and not 2 in raid 0 as it would not be any difference is this true i can afford to buy another but it seems very fast , faster then the 2 x WD Blk editions in raid 0 as i had the OS (win 7 Prof 64bt) installed on them before i brought the V/Raptor and once i installed the OS on the Raptor it seems a-lot quicker in games and apps but i am not sure if i need another raptor or just leave it,thnks

SuperMiguel

Super User
hi there , my rig
Case: HAF 932
MB: EVGA i7 X58 SLI Classified
Ram: Corsair DDR3 CM3X2G2000C8GT series
Cooling : Swiftech kit MB CPU blocks
HD : 1 x V/Raptor 10,000rpm 300gb
2 x Western Digital (black edition) 1Tb raid 0
PSU:Enerma Revolution 1250 watt
Video: 2 x EVGA CO-OP GTX 295 Sli
Sound: Xi-Fi Fatalaty Titnm pro with front display

I was told to just get 1 V/Raptor for my OS and not 2 in raid 0 as it would not be any difference is this true i can afford to buy another but it seems very fast , faster then the 2 x WD Blk editions in raid 0 as i had the OS (win 7 Prof 64bt) installed on them before i brought the V/Raptor and once i installed the OS on the Raptor it seems a-lot quicker in games and apps but i am not sure if i need another raptor or just leave it,thnks

for the price of 2 V/Raptor you can buy an SSD drive