• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hard Mod OC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mykex

Here is an odd question......

I had to give this hard mod stuff a try since I messed up and got a motherboard without switches. So me my magnifying glass a dremel and a Tbird 750 went to work.
After disconnecting my first L6 connection I realized I was looking at it backwards and ground the wrong one into oblivion. So this left my options cut way down 900/950 were now impossible. I really killed it bad no vis on 1/2 of it,I think it may have come out root and all. So I did the next best thing and went for the gusto of 1gig.
Ok now here is where it gets strange.....I got 800? I have redone the connections rechecked my thinking its all correct and I still get 800.
Is it possible that my connections are not electrically sound and it is somehow going to a core default speed? This is the only answer I can come up with?

Back