• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hardware or software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tallmeerkat

IMG_3546.JPG IMG_3551.JPG IMG_3552.JPG IMG_3553.JPG IMG_3555.JPG

Hi there,
Running Windows 10. Dual monitors. I have though separated each monitor and attached to the Radeon HD 6970 graphics card and still have the same issues as you see in these images with each monitor individually or both monitors together - artifacts I believe. And PC not booting.

I can't boot to Windows and system restore points are not booting the PC either.

Is the graphics card just broken? Or is it a driver/Windows issue? Don't want to buy a new card if it is a software issue obviously.
Just tried to go to the bios screen and all is well there....no artefacts. But don't know what, if anything, I can do here to sort the issue.

Many thanks.

Last edited:
That looks extremely similar to when my R9 280x took a dump on me, I stuck it in the oven which it gave it another couple weeks of life but shortly thereafter the artifacts came back with a vengeance. I would have to say it is hardware related.

-Seabee

^This: Got exactly the same with a GTX 570 and a 8800GTX.

The oven trick worked for both cards.

It isn't a software issue, it happens in the BIOS.

Either monitor, GPU, or cables. I'll rule out cables because it's both of them. Extremely slim chance the monitors are bad for the same reason.
That leaves a dying GPU, try updating the BIOS on it.
After a BIOS update you can always try to bake it like the guys were saying.

Back