• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anybody have any experience with the Q4xxxxxx SL6WKs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ablaze

Registered
I've found a Q421a306 SL6WK 3.0c its a tray cpu
week 21 this year!
thats as fresh from the factory as I've seen

any thoughts on how it'd overclock?
ps. note I don't own it, I'm thinking IF I should own it :D

Q=Malay and they typically seem to be good. The SL6WK also has been known to be a decent overclocker on average. Your mileage may vary, but that CPU looks good in theory. With good cooling and a little luck, you should expect 3.6 to 3.8 gig (assuming you have decent components).

I do have a year 4 week 02 malay SL6wk currently, and it does 3.88ghz or so
I'm just wondering if this newer week (MUCH NEWER!) sl6wk would overclock better.
what do you all think?

I would not expect a big increase. Your other SL6WK was an exceptional CPU. This one you have your eye on might just be average and do less. Even the better Northwoods seem to top out in the 3.8 to 3.9 gig range unless you have phase change cooling.

exceptional? I thought my current sl6wk was an average overclocker.
oh, I should mention 3.88 is watercooled not air-cooled..

A week 2? I'd say that's better than average. Most seem to fall within the 3.6 to 3.8 gig range. My 3.0C does the same with air or water.

should newer weeks overclock better or worse?

my experience with the 2.8C MO stepping:
a early-2-3-weeker did much better than a week 18 chip (fairly recent)

now I'm pondering if the D1s would be the same..

Generally, you'd expect the more recent ones to be slightly better on average. Although the M0 steppings appear to be an exception to the rule.

Back