• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anybody messed with the Hercules (Yamaha) line of soundcards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TranceBear

Big Daddy Bear Senior
I had to toss the old soundblaster because of a conflict with WPCREDIT. I bought one today and it works fine, but I have never heard of them, and it fixed my problem!! I would like to hear from anybody who has had one.

I'm using a Hercules Muse XL right now with my KT7AR...didn't want to deal with the SBlive issue so..considering the luck I've had with their video cards...I gave it a shot. I don't really have much to compare to but...the Muse XL blew away the cheepo ATI Esoniq PCI that I'm using in my intel box.

Had no problems with the drivers, interference, playing analog/digital music, etc... I went a little on the cheap side with the Muse...Hercules appears to have some nicer cards but I'm not a real sound expert. Good luck with your final decision...keep us posted!!

Well I bought it already and it works fine, I just wanted some comfirmation, and I got it, thanks!!

I think you will like the Yamaha cards. Mine has been in more setups than I can count. Moreover, it doesn't so much a burp regardless of how much I overclock the system it is in.

i got a muse in my celleron 800@1066 and it is fine ,infact the I have a sounblaster in the other set up and it seems to dislike extreme overclocks, my soyo set up overclocks better.
the one thing i did find though was roger wilko would not set up on the muse but was ok on the sblaster, you figure it?

TranceBear (Jul 18, 2001 05:26 p.m.):
I had to toss the old soundblaster because of a conflict with WPCREDIT. I bought one today and it works fine, but I have never heard of them, and it fixed my problem!! I would like to hear from anybody who has had one.

Hello TranceBear....I have a Guillemot maxi sound fortissimo( Yamaha DS-XG chip) and I have no problems at all with it. Handles overclocks great, and I've never had any soundblaster issues. The only complaint is no driver updates, 1 new driver in 1 1/2 years. Over all I think its a great card.
Just my 2 cents

Flipdoggiedog (Jul 28, 2001 09:45 a.m.):

Hello TranceBear....I have a Guillemot maxi sound fortissimo( Yamaha DS-XG chip) and I have no problems at all with it. Handles overclocks great, and I've never had any soundblaster issues. The only complaint is no driver updates, 1 new driver in 1 1/2 years. Over all I think its a great card.
Just my 2 cents

Well I write my own drivers so if I can get to it maybe I will and see if I can improve on it.

TranceBear (Jul 28, 2001 01:07 p.m.):
Flipdoggiedog (Jul 28, 2001 09:45 a.m.):

Just my 2 cents

Well I write my own drivers so if I can get to it maybe I will and see if I can improve on it.

Then u maybe can write win2k drivers for the guillemot maxi tv video3 tvtuner card??? NOT one single driver update since i bought this card.......

which is real bad to be such a big company, guillemot "hercules" SUX

Remember if it is not broke, don't fix it. I am a firm beleiver in not updating drivers until I need to.

Back