• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anyone ever crammed a case into a freezer?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gr8Scott

Registered
I'm certain that one would have to route the cables out of it and they would also have to remove and mount all the drives outside of the freezer to work properly/conveniently... With that all done, wouldn't it help increase performance without having to deal with lots of condensation etc? One could also mount serious cooling goodies to the CPU and GPU to further reduce the core temps such as a peltier setup. Simply set the case in there without the cover on it and run the fans at maximum speed (the noise would be reduced to whatever the freezer makes along with HD/CD-ROMs). One could probably find a bargain basement freezer at a yard sale or something quite easily.

Any thoughts/criticisms are welcome. :burn:

Nevermind. I finally did a search and found all the info I could ever want even though this board runs slower than my old 286. Problem is that I can't delete this thread for some reason.

I tried... :rolleyes:

Back