• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anyone had this problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kbtat2

Hello all,
I just recently got my Abit NF7-S MB and I tried to overclock my cpu
(M-2200+ barton) I started out with 200x11 and everything was great. I could run prime95 for 24 hours, I ran 3DMark 2001 SE and my score went up about 600 points but then I tried to run memtest and thats where the problems came in. It locked up about 55% of the way through test 5 and I had to manually turn it off by holding in the power button. When I rebooted I got the blue screen from windows saying there was a problem with my memory controller. So I rebooted again and when it went into windows it said that the computer had recovered from a serious error and gave me this warning
5.jpg

The memory that I'm using is Ultra 512 mb pc3200 so I thnik that it should be able to run at 400Mhz. The mem timings now are at 8-3-3-3 which I got by setting the bios at "optimal". The memory timing that it used to be at was 7-2-3-2.5 but that was only running at 169 Mhz(fsb+33)
I read that maybe I should increase the vdimm but I'm kinda new to this and I don't want to ruin anything. If anyone could help at all I would be ecstatic.

My system specs are:
AMD M-2200+ (Barton core)
Abit NF7-S Rev. 2.0
Mantaray d-26 cpc-off
Ultra 512 mb pc 3200
Thanks for all of your help and I hope I can get this sorted out soon.

Last edited:
sounds like you pushed your ram too far. Before you even boot into windows, you first always have to make sure that you pass memtest overnight. Bad mem overclock is just a pain and will probably lead to OS corruption etc. So just try to run the mem at stock settings (200mhz and default timings).

I finally figured out the problem. I did the L12 wire mod and I used the Black mantaray D-26 bios which already has the L12 soft mod. It was putting my memory out of sync I believe. I also had to reinstall windows because like Kouch said above I did indeed corrupt my O.S. Anyway, I'm so glad I fixed it and it runs great. Thanks Kouch.

Back