• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anyone seen the new Vantec product? SWEET!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NeoN068

http://www.case-mod.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=371

This this is SWEET! I already ordered one to go with the 3 Vantec Tornados I have in my puter!

Nxp_201_black.jpg

Specs from Case-Mod.com...

The Vantec Nexus Fan Controller connects up to 4 fans and allows you to manually adjust the fan speed and noise level. The Vantec Fan Controller differs from other available Rheobuses in many ways; The Nexus has 3pin connections for fans while other rheobuses only accept bare wire connections. The fan speed is determined by the variable speed potentiometer settings which vary the voltage of the fan from 7V-12V. Each channel will support 15-18W. Blue LED lights complement the sharp Black or Silver housing. The Nexus Fan Controller is great for Large CFM fans and fits perfectly in your standard 5.25" drive bay.

Features:

4 Channel Fan Controller
Adjustable Fan Speed Knob
Aluminum "U" Type Housing
Blue LED Light
Each Channel Will Support 15 to 18 Watts
Fits In A Standard 5'25" Drive Bay.
No Need to Cut Wires Like Other Fan Controller. Just Plug The Cable In to the 3pin connections.

beezee

I like the way the blue leds shine through... looks like the front bezel from a Lian Li... hehe :)

SlowBurn

:drool:

I just looked on their website, and they have a silver one... man I WANT one of those! This is perfect, I'll preorder one of those to adjust my fan speed, and in the mean time just do a 7volt mod for my tornado to lower the noise :D

Thank you NeoN068 for showing me this :)

Namagomi

Disabled
yeah, it is a lian-li type front bezel. in fact, it's exact.

what? you have three tor-whats in your case? speak up man, I can't hear you.

Anyways, I like it, except for the annoying lights on the front, and the stupid writing. YES! I know it's a Vantec, I bought it, you don't need to remind me who made the freaking thing every time i look at it!

Last edited:

wildfrogman

now that is a pretty good piece of hardware. To be able to handle 15~18watts on each channel is much better than other products i have seen. Only thing, my 176mm Commairrotron beast fans draw 25ish watts/ alittle over 2 amps continuos run....I dont know if running one or two of those on 7v would be to good for a psu. Anyways, vantec has really been comming back into the market and i am glad.

Kid Payne

Wow, that's really nice especially when you don't have to cut the wires!!! I got a baybus recently, but I havent installed it yet. Thank GOD because I think this is for me.

OP
NeoN068

NeoN068

Haha Namagomi, ya i really needed this. It will go nice with my new Lian-Li! kelvinblade - thanks for the link

Namagomi

Disabled
Kid Payne said:
Wow, that's really nice especially when you don't have to cut the wires!!! I got a baybus recently, but I havent installed it yet. Thank GOD because I think this is for me.

yeah, i hate lights. I long since unplugged the IDE actvity LED and the Power lights on my box, as they are pointless, and just soooo freaking bright on a Lian-Li. I KNOW if the computer is on, I don't need a light to tell me. I don't need a freaking HDD activity indicator, either. My power button is rigged to soft boot anyways, if the power goes off when the HDD's are reading, it's gonna be an accident, and the lights arn't gonna do me any good. :D

Oh, and neon, not to nag ya, but it helps if you condense your posts, like having 1 post with 2 quote in it instead of 2 posts in a row with one quote each. Helps things move along faster. You can edit that first post and paste the second into it, and then delete the second :D

gingo

What would be the easiest way to extend the power cable on my 3 pin fans so that they will reach the 5.25 bay that this controller is in? Do they sell 3pin cable extenders?

kent_b29

Would there be anyway to hook up more than 4 fans, using some sort of adapter or something. Like could you split the 3 pin that goes into one channel, so that you could control more than 1 fan with that channel? Maybe a 3pin y adapter?

thanks,
Kent

Hey NeoN068, thanks for the tip off to the new product, it looks awesome.