• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Have a few questions about SATA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dan87951

Registered
I'm planning my next upgrade however I would like to run RAID 0 with 2 SATA WD Raptor drives but I don't think the ASUS P4C800 DLX will support RAID modes because of the promoise controller chip. I'm confused will the ASUS P4C800 support RAID 0 with 2 WD Raptor drives in SATA format, I keep hearing mix opinions.

Here is the rest of the upgrades I plan to do as well do you think this setup is good for 3GHz?

1. ASUS Motherboard for Intel Pentium 4 / Celeron Processors, 800Mhz FSB Model# P4C800 DELUXE Retail w/ ASUS AI Features

2. CORSAIR MEMORY XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, Low Latency 256MB 32MX64 PC-3200LLPT With Platinum - Silver Heat Spreaders. 2-2-2-6 x2 sticks.

3. Intel Pentium 4 / 2.6CGHz 512k socket 478 Hyper Threading Technology 800 MHz FSB - RETAIL

Is there a certain stepping code I want that will overclock better than the rest? I know there all Northwood cores so I would assume these cores are reaching there limit so it really wouldn't matter on stepping or I'm I wrong?

Thanks

Yes the P4C800 supports raid mode 0 via the Promise controller. The confusion is probably coming from the fact that Asus used the Promise controller instead of the ICH5R southbridge.

Back