• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Have an FIC case/PS combo. 350watt. Good enough for barton core?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

st0rmshad0w

Registered
I have a case/powersupply combo I bought from tigerdirect.com
It's an FIC case and it came with a 350 watt powersupply. My asus a7v333x mboard supports up to 2600xp and barton core. If I go 2500xp barton, will my psu hold up and be stable?

thx

fiji

lots of times those generic psu's arent very good...

but it just depends on how many fans, cd drives, harddrives you have and if your going to overclock alot and stuff

but looking from your sig, if thats all you have on your puter id say its enough (but im not sure about ocing)

OP
S

st0rmshad0w

Registered
thats all i have. im not going to OC the barton. I'm just wondering if it running at 333mhz bus is going to take more out of the psu

fiji

oh, if tahats all you got id say go for it

the extra 333 bus is the cpu not the front side bus of your mobo so you wont have to up the voltages

zachj

Chainsaw Senior
The KT333 chipset supports 333MHz FSB. If you put a 333MHz chip in it and run PC2700DDR RAM, the entire computer will run at 333MHz, which means the FSB. The Barton and the newer XPs draw the same amount of power, so it shouldn't be a problem. And unless you have to raise the voltage on your memory, it won't require any more power to run at 333MHz either. If the PSU doesn't crap out on an XP, a Barton shouldn't be any different.

Z