• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Have been looking forward to this Hyte Y70 touch.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dfonda

Senior Golfer
I preordered one of these. It's expensive and over the top but I wanted one anyway.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh....... I've been using the Y60 for a while... would like something bigger.....

The LCD screen is pretty darn cool and unique. I'd love to see what you'll do with it. :)

I hope Y70 is somehow better, as Y60 and Y40 were disappointing. I have them, and both collect dust for some longer ... I will probably throw them out one day. They were review samples, so I only wasted the time, but I didn't even want to ask for the Y70 after that. Both look and work well only with specific and very limited components, and it is painful if you use something the manufacturer didn't have in mind (to use a 280/45mm radiator in the Y40, I had to cut a badly designed part of the case on the top). All of them look great in photos, but at least Y60 and Y40 have limited airflow and are very tight inside. Y70 is larger, so hopefully, it doesn't have this issue. I don't trust any reviews of HYTE, as all are overhyped and clearly not fully true. The only disadvantage that people see is the limited airflow, but no one tests it with less standard components. It's like all put their regular AIO cooler, and that's all, and it's a case for gamers and enthusiasts who like to use something special ... or maybe I'm wrong as all those overly excited use only very standard components, as I see from most comments.
It looks like Y70 won't support more than one full-height PCIe card, either. Y70 has much more space on the top and a bit more on the side, so it can use reasonable custom water cooling. Y60/Y40 were only designed for slim AIOs.
I feel like HYTE corrects mistakes from their previous products and makes another product larger. Y60 had problems with airflow and large graphics cards. Y40 still had problems with airflow as it was tight, but they moved the PSU to the basement and made more space for the graphics card, solving one issue. Y70 looks like it has more space for the graphics card and more space for the CPU cooling, making components inside breathe some more.

Don't get me wrong. Just because I had bad experiences with previous products doesn't mean you will have the same with Y70, especially when most (if not all) issues were solved, making the case larger. I'm sure you will have a nice build in this case. You may still need to buy some additional components, like proper fans, to make it work in the optimal way.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh....... I've been using the Y60 for a while... would like something bigger.....

The LCD screen is pretty darn cool and unique. I'd love to see what you'll do with it. :)
You don't know it yet Joe , but you'll be telling me what to put in this thing. :geek: :cheers:
Post magically merged:

I hope Y70 is somehow better, as Y60 and Y40 were disappointing. I have them, and both collect dust for some longer ... I will probably throw them out one day. They were review samples, so I only wasted the time, but I didn't even want to ask for the Y70 after that. Both look and work well only with specific and very limited components, and it is painful if you use something the manufacturer didn't have in mind (to use a 280/45mm radiator in the Y40, I had to cut a badly designed part of the case on the top). All of them look great in photos, but at least Y60 and Y40 have limited airflow and are very tight inside. Y70 is larger, so hopefully, it doesn't have this issue. I don't trust any reviews of HYTE, as all are overhyped and clearly not fully true. The only disadvantage that people see is the limited airflow, but no one tests it with less standard components. It's like all put their regular AIO cooler, and that's all, and it's a case for gamers and enthusiasts who like to use something special ... or maybe I'm wrong as all those overly excited use only very standard components, as I see from most comments.
It looks like Y70 won't support more than one full-height PCIe card, either. Y70 has much more space on the top and a bit more on the side, so it can use reasonable custom water cooling. Y60/Y40 were only designed for slim AIOs.
I feel like HYTE corrects mistakes from their previous products and makes another product larger. Y60 had problems with airflow and large graphics cards. Y40 still had problems with airflow as it was tight, but they moved the PSU to the basement and made more space for the graphics card, solving one issue. Y70 looks like it has more space for the graphics card and more space for the CPU cooling, making components inside breathe some more.

Don't get me wrong. Just because I had bad experiences with previous products doesn't mean you will have the same with Y70, especially when most (if not all) issues were solved, making the case larger. I'm sure you will have a nice build in this case. You may still need to buy some additional components, like proper fans, to make it work in the optimal way.
Yeah it's not practical especially for someone who runs fah and needs space for multi GPU's but I have wanted that front screen since they came out with the first version last year. Will not ship till July. I'll have to change my whole desk set up since this can't sit on the floor. Well I guess technically it could but it would be a visual crime along with the ports being to far away. :unsure: :)

Last edited:
Back