• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

have to uninstall folding :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CaTfOoD

Well I have been running folding on my main comp ever since the race between pms fishy and maxvla/osumaxx. Unfortunately it is now summer with temps of almost 40 degrees out there, and my temps have gone up from about 55 to 65 degrees with my crappy stock heatsink and the cpu running at 100% all the time. Im not a big fan of all this extra heat so im gonna be forced to uninstall folding for the summer :cry: The only problem is that I dont know how. If anyone has done this before and is willing to tell me how it would be greatly appreciated.

mdcomp

Classic Administrator
CaTfOoD said:
Well I have been running folding on my main comp ever since the race between pms fishy and maxvla/osumaxx. Unfortunately it is now summer with temps of almost 40 degrees out there, and my temps have gone up from about 55 to 65 degrees with my crappy stock heatsink and the cpu running at 100% all the time. Im not a big fan of all this extra heat so im gonna be forced to uninstall folding for the summer :cry: The only problem is that I dont know how. If anyone has done this before and is willing to tell me how it would be greatly appreciated.

Willing to tell you? Haha, yea right. I am not sure either, I never had to uninstall it, heh.

As an alternative to uninstalling it, why don't you go into the client.cfg file and just change the cpu usage to 50% rather than 100%. That would knock off some of the heat, while still folding a bit.

Matt

mdcomp

Classic Administrator
MuEagle05 said:
that's a good idea

I'm so smart right? Hehe. Jk.
I had thought of that a while back when my laptop was overheating, set it to 50% and it worked great. I expected too much out of the laptop I think, heh, 24/7 100% cpu load. A little too much for it.

Matt

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
Yea and sence the race if over you could change the config name from whoever to jonspd to help me get to 100K:D

Fast420A

That's just reason to upgrade the Heatsink and fan, not stop folding. Also I think 50% CPU should help you through the summer months but the main thing, is it stable at those temps because if it is, what's it matter?

;)

Last edited:

Toysrme

Take some words from someone that's spent years around CPU cooling of all types.

If it aint unstable, the heat aint hurting it... Besides, if you're using *ANY* type of motherboard/cpu interface to read the temps, it *still* might be 15C inaccurate. I've never seen any mobo in person that was accurate.

If it aint unstable, it aint a problem.