• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

have wi10, installed w7 on 2nd drive, lost w10 bootloader, how do i get it back?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackjackel

I already had windows 10 on my primary disk, I decided to install a copy of windows 7 on a different disk for restore and repair purposes.... when I did this, the classic "blue" clickable bootloader that allowed me to select my OS and do repairs to windows 10 is gone...
instead I get the old school windows 7 bootloader (Black and white list, not clickable, no repair options for windows10). I want to get the windows 10 bootloader back, does anyone know how to do this?

Google searches came up fruitless with "How to check out w10 by installing it alongside your w7". If anyone finds a link for how this is done it's more than enough for me

- - - Updated - - -

In case anyone else is looking for an answer, here are my results so far:

I found this link which shows how to do it for windows 8.1 but not sure if it works with windows 10: https://neosmart.net/forums/threads...al-style-boot-menu-on-multiboot-system.11639/

If I'm the one to find answer to my question I'll update this post so that people can find this page via google and fix their problem.

I already had windows 10 on my primary disk, I decided to install a copy of windows 7 on a different disk for restore and repair purposes.... when I did this, the classic "blue" clickable bootloader that allowed me to select my OS and do repairs to windows 10 is gone...
instead I get the old school windows 7 bootloader (Black and white list, not clickable, no repair options for windows10). I want to get the windows 10 bootloader back, does anyone know how to do this?
Google searches came up fruitless with "How to check out w10 by installing it alongside your w7". If anyone finds a link for how this is done it's more than enough for me

- - - Updated - - -

In case anyone else is looking for an answer, here are my results so far:

I found this link which shows how to do it for windows 8.1 but not sure if it works with windows 10: https://neosmart.net/forums/threads...al-style-boot-menu-on-multiboot-system.11639/

If I'm the one to find answer to my question I'll update this post so that people can find this page via google and fix their problem.
Easy BCD works on windows 10 and should solve your issue.

Last edited:
Back