• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Have You Shot Your Harddrive Today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ive always wantd to see some one just open up on a live working computer

dont think it would be as cool as i think but doesnt mean i cant hope

crash893 said:
ive always wantd to see some one just open up on a live working computer

dont think it would be as cool as i think but doesnt mean i cant hope
It isn't as exciting as you think.... Cuz I've done it :)

I could shoot up some really horrible video (320x240 with heavy compression... digicams wern't exactly designed for video :rolleyes: ) of me opening up my 386's hard drive if you want though. I can even freeze the computer on command by pinning the arm the heads are on so it can't seek to the data :D

JigPu

that's some solid penetrarion, i wonder if the drive fell when being hit.... or if the bullets passed right through..
nice gun too :)

why would somebody want to do that to a poor defenceless drive :D and as for shooting it well the guy must b a nutter.

Here's one that I scanned from PC World a couple years ago:

hard_sags.jpg

man I feel bad for those hard drives....poor things, all they ever wanted to do in life was store data....oh well sweet gun and nice shots:D

Spec

I got a brand new, except for the serviceable used part sticker,
IBM 60g GXP60 drive I am thinking about doing that to.

The thing has been RMA'd 3 times. 1 was DOA, the other 2
died within 2 weeks.

Last one they sent me I just backed up my current drive and
threw it on a shelf because I dont trust it enough to use it
as either a primary or secondary drive in either of my machines.

I am going to stop sending it back, and save the shipping money
for one of those WD SE drives.

When it gets here, I may take my Ruger 10-22 to the IBM.

Some friends of mine and I took a battle ax to an old drive at a lan party once. That was alot of fun. We didnt take pictures though :(

WyrmMaster said:
Some friends of mine and I took a battle ax to an old drive at a lan party once. That was alot of fun. We didnt take pictures though :(

Hmmm... remindes me of "farmer style" ;)

Back