• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Having a lot of trouble

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crimedog

I've had my stystem at 174x12.5 for a while now, heat being the reason. I just tried some fsb overclocking, and had no luck. I have my corsair twinx1024 pc3200llpt v1.2 @ 2.9v, and I can't seem to do DDR420 at cas2 :(
Does anyone else have this ram? Advice? thanks

That 3200LLPT v. 1.2 uses winbond ch5 chips which have been voltage regulated by JEDEC to meet spec. @ 2.5v.

More voltage wont benefit it much but you should be able to still hit 210 but you may need to slack timings. what are your other timings?

I believe 2.5-3-3-7 is possible though you may get better performance out of slower bus and tighter timings.

Here is a link to the corsair forums that talks a little about this.
I had another thread and could not find it but this is similar.

I like my pc3500 as in my amd rig. as it is bh5 chips which, to me, is the best for Athlon systems: Low latency and good syncronous speeds.

I like my pc3500 as in my amd rig. as it is bh5 chips which, to me, is the best for Athlon systems: Low latency and good syncronous speeds.

I'd love normal sticks with ch5 or bh5, with about 3 volts they would be uber sexy. But with that regulation it throws my planned high fsb out the window. If I have to run 2.5-3-3-7 to get what I want, I'd rather use my pc3700 with will do DDR500 at 2.5-3-3-7

Boo to corsair for this regulation! Makes me wanna mod the damn ram :mad:

I have read at a corsair forum that it has nothing to do with corsair...It is because of JEDEC specifications. corsair does not add the regulator.

Remember. Corsair, like Mushkin, makes Ram pcb's for IC's not the IC's themselves. That is up to Samsung, Winbond, etc.

Here is the thread that this is discussed.

Back