• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Having trouble overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CZmanz19

i am running an AMD xp 2000, Asus a7v8x, Samsung 512 pc 2100 and a seagate 80 gig hdd. I am having trouble overclocking because it always freezes. I am runnin 143 fsb 12.5 multiplier 1.85 voltage agp at 2.6 ddr at 280 with 2.65 voltage. Any suggestions would be nice on how to get better overclocks. Thanks

Cory

Well, your probably not going to want to hear this but...
Your ram is either maxxed out, or you chip is maxxed out. Is it a pally, or tbred? Still, it isnt that bad of an overclock.

Try adding up to 2.8v's on the memory and see if that helps...you can run up to 2.8v's without heatspreaders and still be pretty safe...if that doesn't help you might have to relax your memory timings if you haven't already...if none of these help...odds are you are at your memory limits...especially using PC2100...

Well the thing is is that i use to have a MSI KT3V in about a week ago and i had specktrek 512 pc 2100 and i could get to 150 fsb. Also i have 512 ocz memory on the way

Cory

See my sig for the spec's of my system. Ignore the memory, I'm using a 256 stick of kingston pc2100 memory at the moment. Relaxing the timings to 6-3-3-2.5 allows me to get my fsb to 191, running completly stable. This is at stock vcore and vddr. (1.5 and 2.6) With my new memory, I'm hoping I can get to 215 at least.

Without unlocking the XP 2000+ multis you won't get much past 143 FSB. That was the exact same thing that happened to me. I unlocked the multipliers and now she's stable at 165x11 (won't let me have 166, it's a drag).

Those Palamino 2000+ chips don't want to run much above 1800 MHz on air cooling.

how to unlock the xp 2000+

Hi there's a good website showing how to do that before u actually paint it. I can't remember it exactley but it has to be www.ocinside.de or something. (pls guys help me to correct that site name:D ) In htere you can choose processor the vol you want and the speed you want and they show witch bridges to close. great one i'm going to try that ssonly but waitng for the coper cooling fan:p
well i thini got the same prob can go to 140 but no 143 or 144 but it must have been my mem, anyway my mobo also sucks it show me high temps always!!

hope you'll find the web and try it i'll join u soonly for that bridging trick.

Back