• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HD video stuttering on HP Mini 311-1000NR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sage2050

got this netbook in today after hearing that it could run hd video with no problems. upgraded ram to 3GB and formatted to windows 7.

even hd youtube videos stutter, and any hd mkvs are unwatchable. any ideas?

You need to use a graphics accelerated media player like power dvd. Also make sure you have the latest graphics driver for your computer.

ive got the latest drivers. a different media player might help the videos, but what about youtube?

You have to wait for Flash 10.1 to come out because then flash will be GPU accelerated. It is in beta right now.

it's been in beta for at least a month since I've first heard about it. It's beta is available somewhere but I could never figure out how to (find)install it.

this is long overdue for a final since netbooks have no cpu power.

as for hd mkv's try mpc-hc that's what everybody suggests and don't install codec packs or you need more help.

mpc-hc is performing worse than the mpc that came with CCCP

flash 10.1 is working great for youtube, still trying to solve the video issue

Last edited:
ok so WMP will play my 720p mkvs flawlessly due to hardware acceleration. powerdvd doesn't support mkvs, and i can't figure out how to make MPC use hardware acceleration. its not THAT big of a deal, i could just use WMP, but i'd prefer to use MPC if possible.

Back