• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HD6870 and dual 120Hz monitors.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Coolstream

Hey,

I've ran into an issue with a temporary card I'm using until the 1080 AIB releases, while using two dual-link DVI cables connected to the two DVI-D and DVI-I connectors, only one of my monitors can be set to 120Hz, the other one can't be set above 60Hz.

Anyone got any clever ideas I can try out?

jaymz9350

Do both DVI ports support Dual link? The specs I could find just mention having 2 DVI ports. Also have you tried switching the monitors and cable between ports to see what component is causing the issue?

bob4933

By its nature dvi I doesn't support dual link. Its analog with a converter. There is no fix , no converters will work. You must have 2 digital outputs or 2 gpus

OP
C

Coolstream

Apologies, both connectors are DVI-I Dual Link and both cables are DVI-D Dual Link. Worked just fine with my previous GTX970.

I've got a 9600 GT I can probably work with if it's a hardware limitation in the 6870