• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED HD7970 & HD7950 Results Thread - Torture Your Card, Post It Here!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Honestly, I have no idea, sorry. However, it's a reference card so in theory all they did was put a sticker on it.

Needs MOAR CPU for MOAR Globalz (you can disable HT from what I remember and keep your temps lower to get you a higher speed/multi if temps are an issue)

:rain:

I have 3 6970's and am moving to 1 monitor... I REALLY DONT Need this card... but want it so bad!!

:bang head:rain::cry::temper::drool::argue:

• Will do tomorrow :) Ill see what she can do. Oh i called card a she mmm i name her Pip

Needs MOAR CPU for MOAR Globalz (you can disable HT from what I remember and keep your temps lower to get you a higher speed/multi if temps are an issue)

Im on it :) only get 5gig tho tops really might be limiting

After you upload a pic, you have to insert it into your post by using the paperclip drop-down button.

Yay tytytytyty

Well another run b4 bed then tomorrow its Grrrrrr time all stok voltage at moment all cool fan was only 45 and max temp 69

146.jpg

Well, here is my quick run.

2x Sapphire 7970s @ 1125x1575 (will be flashing bios soon)
i5-2500k @ 4.7GHz

This system is at present not at all "bench optimized", cluttered OS, junk running in the back ground, etc...My watercooling is on the fritz currently, so hopefully I'll have that up this weekend and can go to town full throttle.

My biggest relief is with Eyefinity. The last two days I've read nothing but "ahhh its gonna have eyefinity tearing" or "its gonna look like 20 fps even though the fps is higher"...but man, it's running beautifully. Currently running BF3 @ 6040x1080 all settings Ultra w/ 2x AA, and it's smooth as butter :)

bench.jpg

Attachments

• 3dmark11P_14813.jpg
    3dmark11P_14813.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Well, here is my run.

2x Sapphire 7970s @ 1125x1575 (will be flashing bios soon)
i5-2500k @ 4.7GHz

This system is at present not at all "bench optimized", cluttered OS, junk running in the back ground, etc...My watercooling is on the fritz currently, so hopefully I'll have that up this weekend and can go to town.

My biggest relief is with Eyefinity. The last two days I've read nothing but "ahhh efinity tearing" or "it looks like 20 fps all the time"...but man, it's running beautifully. Currently running BF3 @ 6040x1080 all settings ultra, and it's smooth as butter :)

Nice! 6040x1080p, Ultra, and smooth as butter :)

Also, see my previous post :rofl:

Most definitely, and you need to get everything ready for HWBot as you will definitely have enough single and double-card globals to join the team :)

Most definitely, and you need to get everything ready for HWBot as you will definitely have enough single and double-card globals to join the team :)

Geez, trying to lazy here.....but you talked me into it ;)
Time to reformat and install some benches.......

[edit]
I must be missing something...
I've flashed to the "unlocked" bios, and I'm still capping at 1125...
Both cards seem to have flashed, as I now get: "This version of VBIOS is already installed" when I try again.
hummmm...

[edit 2]
Success! Had to switch back to afterburner for some reason...:confused:

Last edited:
Geez, trying to lazy here.....but you talked me into it ;)
Time to reformat and install some benches.......

[edit]
I must be missing something...
I've flashed to the "unlocked" bios, and I'm still capping at 1125...
Both cards seem to have flashed, as I now get: "This version of VBIOS is already installed" when I try again.
hummmm...

[edit 2]
Success! Had to switch back to afterburner for some reason...:confused:

free-MrBurnsExcellent.gif

Check out the Benchmark Buffet:
http://www.overclockers.com/benchmark-buffet-updated-9110/

For some tips :)

Last edited:
Here are my results. 2500k @ 4.5 and a XFX 7970 @ 1125/1575

Vantage:
vantage.png

3dMark 11:
3d11.png

I need to push both my cpu and my gpu more, they are both at 'low' clocks.

Playing around a little more and closing in on 1.3GHz gpu...
temps still seem ok, sub 70 under load with ~60% fan. Guess it's time to jump up to 1.3vcore :eek:

Sure could use a SB-E to help out with my Vantage score lol.....

VantageP_42993.jpg
3dmark11P_14813.jpg

edit, added a heavenX score
HeavenX_4022.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, Vantage likes a lot of threads. Don't forget you can be doing Heaven, and 3d01/03/05/06 as well - which don't need threads nearly as much as vantage.

Yeah, Vantage likes a lot of threads. Don't forget you can be doing Heaven, and 3d01/03/05/06 as well - which don't need threads nearly as much as vantage.

Good point.
Just submitted my first Heaven score...had some artifacting at 1275x1675 so starting over at the bottom and working up.

Back