• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED HDD Test tools

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M@rk

Hello everyone! I have had a few problems (At least that is what windows says) with my HDD and i want to test it. Any software that tests the HDD properly? Please give the names of the softwares :)
And also i want to test 2 HDD i've found in an old PC.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi @M@rk!

You can check the health of your hard disk with a lot of diagnostic tools, but IMO the best option is to check if there is a diagnostic tool available in the official manufacturers website and run a test on the drive with it. I prefer these kind of tools because the results with them are usually the best indicator since these programs are tuned to the specific firmware of the drives.

For instance, like @EarthDog mentioned in his post, if you have a WD drive you can download and run a test with Data Lifeguard Diagnostics, which is the official diagnostic program of Western Digital. Here's a link you can download it:

http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=WFLl6V

Hope this helps and feel free to ask any questions you may have. Also, feel free to share some screenshots with the results so we can take a look if you want.

Cheers! :)

Back