• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HDMI output but no sound

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bucsfanga

Registered
OK I sure there plenty of post about this but I seem to not find one that solve my particular instance of this problem. I have a PC with a TV as a monitor that has been working fine. The PC was moved around and the HDMI cable was installed into the MB HDMI port and not the Graphics Card HDMI port. So I fixed that, plugging the HDMI cable into the PC. I got video know but no sound. I have restarted the PC and TV with cable connected and disconnected, reinstalled AMD drivers, Disable and scan new hardware in device manage and the list of stuff Microsoft suggest which doesn't help to solve my issue. in the playback option menu I only have realtek digital output only. There is no HDMI, or LG-TV option. In device manger there is the video card but under sound there is no HDMI option or driver. IN AMD Crimson I can see the audio driver installed under software but have found no way to manually force it to take over. I have disable the Realtek and used troubleshooter but neither option as made HDMI populate the playback option panel. I have check both disable and disconnect devices to show in the option window and I have cleared my Cmos and check in BIOS for audio to make sure its not disable there. I had this issue before but normally disconnecting the cable and restarting the computer would fix the issues any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Are you running W10 with the latest updates? I had trouble with my HTPC where if I shut the receiver off without shutting the PC down and then having the PC go to sleep mode after its allotted time, when i turned everything back on I had no audio and it was a series of hoops to jump to get it back. About 2 or 3 major updates ago this was fixed and I haven't seen the issue since. Might be an easy, permanent fix if you have this issue often.

I have this issues before on a old build but this the first time on the current one. Ok @console there is no TV on the sound profile. There is no HDMI choice anywhere in windows. Troubleshoot wont even check for it. I have tried the speaker icon, troubleshooter, device manager, restarts, reinstalled both drivers and even disabling Realtek and reinstalling AMD with it disabled.

1. With the remote that shipped with the TV make sure the correct input device is chosen according to the number of the HDMI port the cable from the computer is plugged into. Most TVs have several HDMI ports.

2. On the computer in Windows go to Control Panel>Sound and make sure the correct playback device is chosen for default. Then click on Configure to test.

Also make sure you have the audio software for your video card enabled on your card's software, something I found out when having similar issues.

Back